Do you love the great outdoors? Are you a fan of surprises? Then you need to sign up for The Nomadik ASAP.
The Nomadik is “The Premier Subscription For Adventure.” It’s a pretty simple concept really, The Nomadik works with a variety of outdoor brands, hand picks and tests the coolest items, and sends them directly to you once a month.
There’s no fear that you’re going to get a bunch of junky trinkets either, The Nomadik actively tests each and every item – sending each product out on multiple adventures to ensure that it’s high quality and Nomadik-approved.
The items cover a wide range of categories, which means every time a box shows up at your door or at your PO Box, you get a big surprise. The items generally fall under three main categories:
- High End Gear: Electronics, Headlamps, Knives, etc.
- Tools & Accessories: Skin care, Fire Starters, Multi-tools, Hydration items, etc.
- Educational & Inspirational: Survival tips, Travel guides, etc.
Check out a selection of items that have been included in boxes in prior months here. We have now received 2 boxes from Nomadik and we can fully vouch for the quality of items that we have received. Each monthly box contains 3 to 5 items.
Let’s take a quick look at what we received from The Nomadik in January 2017 and February 2017:
January 2017 – 4 items with a total value of $44.
- Richer-Poorer Lightweight Performance Wool Socks – $18
- Chico-Bag Snack Time rePETe (Reusable Sandwich Bags) – $11
- GreenGoo’s 100% All-Natural Pain Relief – $8
- Joshua Tree Healing Skin Salve – $7
February 2017 -4 items with a total value of $44.09.
- Parks Project Park Watcher Beanie – $26
- Mizu Collapsible Shot Glass – $11
- Ritual Caffeinated Energy Snack – $4.50
- Nite Ize S-Biner #3 – #2.59
April 2017 -4 items with a total value of $52.00.
- PowerPractical LuminNoodle – $20
- Slipstream/Reelhouse FREE 3-Month Subscription – $15
- NiteIze CamJam – $7
- MountainSmith Tent Stakes – $10
Each box comes with an informative “What’s Inside?” card that highlights each item. The card provides the details about the item and shines the spotlight on why these items were selected by Nomadik. It’s a pretty slick system.
Overall we’ve been impressed with the selection of outdoor items that Nomadik has sent our way. Obviously there are some items that we like better than others – but that’s par for the course. It’s meant to be a surprise and that’s fun. Plus, there’s an upside to snagging an item that you’re not fully pumped about – you can always re-gift that item to your outdoor loving friends and family. Everyone likes getting presents from their favorite outdoor enthusiast.
The coolest part of the Nomadik adventure box subscription is that we get to learn about cool new brands that are making high quality gear. On TheNomadik.com they talk about working with brands like LifeStraw, Baggu, Morakniv, Light My Fire, Klymt, Rumpl, etc. Now that we get a chance to play with items from these brands, they are on our radar and we know where we’ll turn for our next skin salve or wool socks. That’s awesome.
Visit TheNomadik.com and explore the different subscription options (all with free domestic shipping):
- 1 Box – $30
- 3 Boxes – $28 per box
- 6 Boxes – $26 per box
At first you might scratch your head and wonder if the price is worth it. Well it most certainly is. Out of all the boxes we’ve seen online or received, the value of the items you receive is always more than the cost of the subscription. Included items seem to have a value ranging from about $38 to $54. If you sign up, it looks like you’re going to win every single time.
Nomadik definitely has the system dialed too. The entire process is simple and smooth. Here’s how it works:
- Sign Up And Create Your Profile – Sign in and select your subscription option. Fill out your profile (age, sex, phone manufacturer, shoe size, activities, etc.) so that you get the best items for you based on your interests and locations. Don’t worry we haven’t received any spammy emails either.
- Nomadik Tests And Approves Products – Part of the beauty of this whole set up is that Nomadik tests every product they sent your way. It’s legit stuff.
- Delivery – Boxes show up once a month at your door or your PO Box. Domestic shipping is free.
When your gear arrives, it will inspire you to get outdoors. Here’s what you can expect:
Sign up for Nomadik and try it out for yourself. Or give it as a gift to the outdoor enthusiast who’s hard to buy for. Whether you’re looking for the latest and greatest gear, love surprises, or you are constantly in need of cool outdoor gifts, The Nomadik delivers. Share your Nomadik adventures on social with @thenomadik and #packnomadik.
One other thing about Nomadik that we really respect is that they are part of 1% For The Planet, meaning that a portion of each and every sale is dedicated to help save the planet. A big thank you to each and every company that participates in this cool program.
As the first outdoor subscription service that we tired, The Nomadik impressed us. The hardest part is waiting for the next box to arrive – and that’s something that we can deal with.
Sign Up For TheNomadik Today:
TheNomadik.com send us these subscription boxes to review. When you link to The Nomadik from this post and sign up, we also receive a small commission. Thanks for supporting A Mountain Journey.